As the center of excellence, university is the brain-stem for the modern and post-modern global civilization. None can deny the extra-ordinary gravitas of the presence of such an abode of knowledge, learning and research. Therefore, with this objective, the establishment of the University of Information Technology & Sciences (UITS) was heralded in August 7, 2003. With the noble dream Alhaj Sui Mohamed Mizanur Rahman, the Chairman of the PHP Family and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of UITS whistled the start of the University to his team and close associates of higher learning and knowledge. In this great land of ancient history, culture, religion and civilization, UITS from its very inception has made a great success as the private university in imparting world class knowledge and higher education to its thousands of students. The name and fame of the University, so far, have attracted not only the attention of the tens of thousands of under-graduate students of Bangladesh, but also of the foreign students. The heart-warming guiding spirit and slogan of our Chairman behind this great endeavor is “Divine blessings mixed with hard work and backed by good intentions can make miracles”, which makes all of us in the University courageous, strong, and hopeful in carrying out the nest goals and missions of the UITS. Our caravan of knowledge searchers is advancing rapidly with the divine declaration: “Future will be better than thy past”. Vision of UITS University of Information Technology and Sciences (UITS), the first Information Technology (IT) based private university, is the vanguard of all IT universities in Bangladesh. UITS quickly paved the rough path for other technology based universities to follow. The University served as a nonprofit organization accredited by the University Grants Commission and approved by the Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh.
UITS aims at redefining goals of higher education and sustainable economic growth of the country through a tripartite relationship among itself, industries and reputed universities and institutions at home and abroad. The University imparts experiential learning which enables students, teachers and community partners to integrate academic learning with practice while addressing specific community needs. The learning process empowers students to take initiative and to engage in an integrated and multidimensional ways to address the diverse cultural needs of Bangladesh and the global village. In UITS, we believe that teachers are facilitator of learning rather than a presenter of information. In order to challenge the needs of learning, UITS has the congenial atmosphere for disseminating the knowledge by providing logistic support and infrastructure. The University strives to attract and nurture scholars from the national and international universities through excellence in teaching and learning, research and exchange of knowledge, scaffolding future scholars by fostering creativity, tolerance and responsibility.
Mission of UITS
The University of Information Technology & Sciences will endeavor
- To provide a comprehensive education by developing fully the intellectual and personal strengths of its students while allowing knowledge to be more accessible to the larger community.
- To explore higher education in an experiential learning environment. Critical thinking, creativity, innovation, scholarly endeavors, and the enhancement of comprehensive knowledge.
- To impart a flexible and supportive intellectual environment that retains and nurture scholars, students and staff of the highest caliber in a culture that enhances learning and freedom of thought, inquiry and expression.
- To generate and disseminate knowledge to strengthen our society and the environment.To support student affiliation and student development with local and international organizations for Project and Research collaboration through the research center. To create new future values by taking on challenging and innovative research.
Archives of Our Establishment
- On August 7, 2003 the University began its journey with 3 Schools and the main purpose of the University was to create new areas of knowledge and disseminate this knowledge to the society through its students.
- On March 10, 2004 the Bachelor of Business Administration the First under graduate program of UITS was started under Business Studies Department.
- On August 22, 2004 the Bachelor of Arts in English and Master of Computer Applications was started under Department of English and Computer Science & Engineering.
- On October 18, 2004 the International Master of Business Administration was started under Business Studies Department.
- On September 13, 2005 the programme Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Engineering was started under Department of Computer Science & Engineering.
- On October 9, 2005 the programme Bachelor of Science in Electronic & Communication Engineering was started under the Department of Electronic & Communication Engineering.
- On November 20, 2005 the programme Bachelor of Laws was started under the Department of Law.
- On March 22, 2006 the programme Master of Laws was started under the Department of Law.Master of Arts in English was started under the Department of English and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology was started under Department of Information Technology.
- On May 3, 2006 the programme Master of Science in Telecommunication was started under the Department of Electronic & Communication Engineering.
- On July 27, 2008 the programme Bachelor of Laws (2 years) was started under the Department of Law.
- On December 21, 2008 the programme Bachelor of Science in Electrical & Electronic Engineering was started under the Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
- On May 7, 2012 the programme Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering was started under the Department of Civil Engineering.
- On October 22, 2013 the programme Bachelor of Social Sciences in Social Work and Master of Social Sciences in Social Work was started under the Department of Social Work.
- On December 3, 2013 the programme Bachelor of Pharmacy was started under the Department of Pharmacy.